Monday, September 1, 2014

Project #7: The Gobble Gobble Turkey Shirt

photo 2I know it's September 1st.  But... it's Labor Day.  So it's kind of fitting (right???) to start the sharing of the last of my Sew Cheap Summer Challenge projects.

Confession: August got away from me.  It was busier than I had anticipated.  When I last posted in July, I thought it would be a breeze to finish this challenge.  But that was not the case.  For almost the entire month, I lost my sewing mojo.  But it's back.  And I just spent this long weekend catching up on my sewing.  Today, I have the first of my final four projects to share with you- the Gobble Gobble Turkey Shirt.

Who: This is for a niece.

What: My inspiration for the project was this shirt by The Cottage Mama.  I drafted my own pattern pieces which ended up being super easy.

I bought the t-shirt at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and then used different scraps of fabric for the feathers and body.  It was a great scrap-busting project.  In addition, I believe I sent this same niece the striped skirt (project #1), so she should be able to wear the two together.  Happy coincidence!

Cost: The shirt was clearances for $2.  I had the fabric, thread, and interfacing already.

No comments:

Post a Comment