Thursday, June 5, 2014

Project #1: Summer Stripes Skirt

So my first project of the Sew Cheap Summer Challenge isn't from my top 10 list.  Fail.  But it was something that didn't require I buy much and used up some of my favorite fabric scraps.  That's a win in my book!

Who: For my 3 year old niece
What: I used the tutorial from Elegance & Elephants and fabric scraps to make this skirt.  My first purchases of the summer were this white cotton and the 3/4 inch elastic I used in the waistband.
Cost: I spent about $5 to make this skirt because I needed to buy the white fabric and elastic.  Everything else I already had on hand.

Skirts are easy to make, but can be a little boring.  At least that's how I feel when I make them.  With this skirt, I appreciated that I got to use several sweet, summery fabrics as stripes.  It's just a little different detail, but I think it makes all the difference.  This skirt was quick and fun and one that I already have plans to make again.


No comments:

Post a Comment