Friday, June 27, 2014

Project #4: Infant Peasant Dress

Who: For another baby shower gift

What: I used the pattern from Sew Much Ado to make the Infant Peasant Dress.  Between her pattern and tutorial, Abby makes it super easy to create this stunning dress.  And it uses hardly any fabric at all, so I was able to buy the fabric for this dress from the remnant bin.  Love that!  Overall, I only made one change and that was to add the band at the bottom of the dress.  I used what I learned while making the Cottage Mama Party Dress to finish the skirt this way.  Oh and I added the flower with some scraps I had around.

Cost: I bought the fabric from the discount bin at Joann's and used some elastic I purchased in bulk.  In total, I think I spent about $1.50 to make this dress (but it could be less).  I'm definitely planning on making more soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment