Saturday, June 21, 2014

Project #3: Tiny Curtsy Skirt

Who: For a baby shower gift

What: I used a tutorial from Sewing in No Mans Land (so many cute kids clothes!!!) to make the Tiny Curtsy Skirt.  Based on the tutorial, I wasn't completely sure how big to make this skirt, so I found a few size charts online and used them as a reference.  Ultimately, I cut 2 strips of fabric 8 x 34 inches (one white and one yellow) that I sewed completely together to make a fully lined skirt.  The original tutorial has them joined at the top and hemmed separately at the bottom which I changed simply because I don't like hemming.  

Cost: I bought a yard of white cotton fabric at the beginning of June and I found the yellow fabric in the discount bin at Joann's.  Altogether, the fabric and elastic (just the amount I used) cost me about $2.50 (maybe less).

No comments:

Post a Comment